Sunday, July 4, 2010

Got paid to shop at Rite Aid and Kmart

Yep, that's right. I made $22.28 at Rite Aid and $3 at Kmart. In addition to making $25, I got everything pictured below for free! I technically had a little help becuase I had gift cards for both places from transferring a prescription, but I still would have made money at Rite Aid even without the gift card.

Here is how I did it.
Kmart (above left) happened to be having a Super Double coupon event on health & beauty. (Although this was probably my last trip to Kmart....none of the cashiers knew what they were doing. I had to go to 3 different registers and the manager had to come over twice before they got it right...for 3 measly items...I almost just walked out of there!)
Spent: $4.46 (on gift card)
Rebate: $3 Finesse Rebate (5/16 Smartsource Insert)
Bought:
  • Finesse Shampoo $4.99 (minus $2 - doubled $1 coupon)
  • Tampax Pearl Tampons $4.69 (minus $4 - doubled $2 coupon)
  • Pantene detangler for thick hair $3.50 (minus $3.50 - doubled $2 coupon)

Rite Aid (above right)
Spent: $20.89 (on gift card)
Rebate: $22.28
Bought:
  • Gillette Deodorant $4 (I had a $2 coupon for this but I must have lost it in the store as it didn't ring up....I hate when this happens!!) $2 rebate wyb Deodorant & Body Wash
  • Gillette body wash $4 (coupon for free body wash with purchase of Gillette Deodorant)
  • Gillette Series shave gel $2.99 ($1 coupon) $1 rebate
  • Gillette Pro Series cooling lotion $5.99 ($2 coupon) $2 rebate
  • Allergy Buster sinus spray $9.99 ($9.99 rebate)
  • Renu Sensitive contact solution $7.29 ($4 coupon) $7.29 rebate

No comments:

Post a Comment