Friday, July 2, 2010

100 Frugal Tips in 100 Days: Tip #85

Frugal Tip #85 Plan a frugal birthday!

It's my Birthday! My 30th Birthday, to be exact! Yikes! I have always loved my birthday, I love spending the day (or week) doing fun things and celebrating my happiness! So for 30, I wanted to do something special. I planned out a day where my husband would chauffeur accompany me around, however, he is out of town on an interview until later this afternoon. So here is my modified frugal birthday plan.

Thankfully, I took the day off of work. 8 hours of PTO is well worth it. I scheduled an hour long massage this morning at a local spa. Believe it or not, I have never had a massage!! Several months ago I traded in some credit card points (accumulated when we paid for our wedding!) for a $100 gift certificate to spafinder.com.

For lunch I think I'm going to hit up Panera (a little birthday treat). For dinner I'm thinking Chili's. Sounds kind of boring, but Tom and I kind of love Chili's. Plus, we have a $50 giftcard from credit card rewards and a coupon for a free brownie sundae!

I'm hoping the weather is cool enough in the evening to just relax on the balcony with a corona in hand and a few good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment