Sunday, July 25, 2010

Do I shop anywhere other than Publix???

Or for that matter, do I buy meat, milk, eggs, fruit, veggies, etc, etc? Yes, we do actually buy other groceries than what you see pictured on my Publix blog posts. I don't ever post about those purchases because the savings isn't usually too impressive, although we do save money by buying those things at different stores. Here is a breakdown of the other stores we usually shop at and what we get at each one:
Aldi:
Milk, bread, cream cheese, eggs, fresh fruit & veggies

Sam's Club:
Meat (chicken, ground beef, ribs, etc)
Milk (lately it's been cheaper here than at Aldi)
Orange juice
Fruit
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Listerine
Walmart: (Yes, I cringe every time I have to go into Walmart, but there are some things that are just cheaper there! We also shop here if there are little things we need to pick up for recipes).
Sparkling key lime water
Soft tortillas
Liquid soap
Canned veggies
Fresh fruit & veggies
Coffee creamer
Baking margarine
Hot sauce
I get most other toiletries and household supplies from either Publix or drugstores for free or close to free by using coupons during sales and taking advantage of rebates. By stockpiling things when they are on sale, it allows me to get items for rock bottom prices and not have to pay regular price too often (if at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment