Monday, May 10, 2010

100 Frugal Tips in 100 Days: Tip # 32

Tip # 32 Reuse Ziploc Bags

Ok, before you say "Ewww" and stop reading this blog forever, just hear me out! I'm not talking about washing out your bags and hanging them inside out to dry. I'm talking about reusing a bag once or twice, and only if it had dry, easy to clean up ingredients inside of it (think croutons, cereal, crackers). The only other time I'll reuse ziploc bags is if I'm using them to contain something I already wrapped in the freezer to eliminate freezer burn.

Also, I haven't compared the cost officially, but I know that we bought a multi-pack of Ziploc bags from Sam's Club when we moved here and they lasted us almost 2 years!! Consider that before buying the box of 25 bags from Walmart or the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment