There are several reputable websites that put out coupons every month and more and more stores are accepting them (make sure you check at Customer Service before trying to use them). Using only internet coupons is a good way to ease into the coupon world. You can visit these sites a couple of times a month (or do a google search for a coupon before you go to the store). A lot of manufacturers place coupons directly on their website. This way, you won't end up with a ton of coupons you can't use. Here are a few of my favorite sites for coupons:
A few things to know about internet coupons:
- You will need to install a "coupon printer" on your computer. It's a harmless program that needs to be installed before you can print from most coupon sites.
- You cannot photocopy them. This is illegal. A legit internet coupon should have a watermark on it anyways when it prints out.
- There is a limit on how many of each coupon you can print. Usually this limit is 2, but sometimes it's only 1. To print two coupons (per computer), simply hit the "Back" button, and then hit the "Refresh" button.
- There is an overall limit on how many coupons that can be printed from each website or manufacturer. Basically, if you come across an internet coupon that you think you might use, go ahead and print it because it may not be there for long.
- Some sites require you to "register" with them before printing coupons. If you are concerned about your inbox getting bombarded with spam or coupon messages, simply go to yahoo or google and create an email address specifically for coupon sites.