Saturday, April 24, 2010

100 Frugal Tips in 100 Days: Tip # 16

Tip # 16 Use Coupons!!!!

Believe it or not, there is a right way and a wrong way to use coupons. The wrong way is to get the Sunday paper, cut out all of the coupons, and try to use as many as you can before they expire. The right way is to get the Sunday paper, cut out all of the coupons (and organize them either by genre - food, household, personal care - or alphabetically) and then ONLY USE THEM WHEN THE ITEM IS ON SALE!!!

Honestly, I probably only use 1/3 of the coupons that I cut out. I'll be honest, it is kind of a pain to cut them all out and organize them, but when I don't cut and organize them, I miss out on a bunch of deals, and spend even more time trying to find the coupons I need before a shopping trip.

Money Saving Mom wrote a good post about why everyone should use coupons and answers some commons "complaints" that people have when it comes to using coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment