Thursday, April 22, 2010

100 Frugal Tips in 100 Days: Tip # 14

Tip # 14 Rebates!

Rebates are one of the easiest ways to save a lot of money. I can't even tell you how many things I've been able to get for free over the years simply by using rebates. Sure, they take about 5 minutes of your time to fill out the request, and occasionally a stamp if it's not available online, but it's still definitely worth it. As soon as I get the checks in the mail I just deposit them into our account!

But where do you find rebates? They're everywhere! Sometimes they are in the Sunday paper, other times they'll be on company websites or even in various stores (as an in-store display or a member programs like Rite Aid's Single Check Rebates - *sidenote - I've been able to get so many things for free from Rite Aid, and on numerous occasions I even made money!). Honestly, I find out about most available rebates by subscribing to a few "money saving blogs" in my Google Reader. Bloggers who are way more advanced than I am post deals almost 24/7 and they will be the first to let you know about available rebates.

Companies offer rebates because they know not everyone is going to take the time and fill them out, but trust me, they are so worth the extra few minutes! Recently, some things I've gotten for free or close to free via rebate are: body wash, lotion, razor, face wash, a book, and a discount on our contact lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment