Monday, April 14, 2014

Spending Challenge

Okay, it's no secret that we are bringing in way less than when I was working full time. I've been managing our budget, and doing OKAY, but I still seem to be spending money like I was when we had two full time incomes coming in, and I seriously need to scale it back. I need some accountability.  My plan is to post here every day for a month, exactly how much money I spent that day.  Bills don't count, rent doesn't count, and that's about it. I'm hoping this will give me the accountability I need. 

I'm a little nervous about sharing my spending habits with the world (ha, and by "world" I mean all 2 people who read my frugal blog ;)  But in all seriousness, it's going to take a little extra effort to come here and post every day.  Especially since my To Do list these days is never ending.  I need to get my spending in check though so I'm going to try and make it a priority.

I feel that I need to add a disclaimer before we even start....Adam's Baptism is in 2 weeks and the weekend after that I have friends coming to town. No doubt the spending will be a little high on those weekends, however I really don't feel like delaying this any further, so that will just have to be taken into account. 

So far I've started off well. I haven't bought anything today ;)  But I've been meaning to order some fabric and sling rings to make water ring slings for myself and a friend, so if I get around to that tonight it may be my first purchase.

2 comments: