Friday, February 25, 2011

Holy Weekly Savings Batman!

Sorry. That was the dumbest title ever. I skipped posting about last week's grocery trip because we were out of town and we didn't do our shopping until Monday. We went to Dominick's and Aldi and I was so tired by the time we got home that I didn't snap any pics. At Dom's we spent $32.06 and saved $39.53. I forget what we spent at Aldi ($20ish maybe?).

Fast forward to this past week where we did awesome. Target had this kick-a** deal where if you bought any seven frozen food items, you would get a $5 gift card. The frugal bloggers of the world were going crazy about this so I started gathering my coupons. While I was printing Target coupons, I saw one for "$5 off women's denim" and bloggers were reporting that women's jeans were on clearance at Target for $4.98....free jeans! So one day after work we stopped and we got everything pictured below!
Spent: $28.56
Saved: $38.58
Received: $10 in Target Gift Cards!!!
Bought:
  • 10 Smart Ones meals (I don't usually eat these but they were practically free and make for an easy lunch if we don't have enough leftovers)
  • 4 bags Target frozen veggies
  • 1 box clementines
  • 2 bags shredded cheese
  • 2 bottles of bleach
  • 2 packages pantiliners (sorry to the men who read my blog)
  • 1 twelve-pack Charmin TP
  • 100 count bag of cotton balls
  • and...................*drumroll*........
  • 1 PAIR OF FREE JEANS!!!!


I also ran into CVS earlier this week to take advantage of their Purex deal with coupons from this past Sunday's paper. Each item below ended up being $0.99 after coupons, for a total spent of $5.13 and a savings of $24.60!!! (Ironically, I can't even use this detergent because it irritates my skin but Tom doesn't mind it and we can use it to wash things like Bailey's towels).

1 comment:

  1. I surprisingly didn't get the Purex deal this time. I have three bottles of liquid and two boxes of the 3-in-1 from the last time they ran this type of deal. I had to skip this one. Just don't have the room.

    ReplyDelete