Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekly Savings: Dominicks

I've strongly resisted the urge to go to Target and CVS today, because we're kind of over budget for the week. I puchased an unexpected Groupon a few weeks ago (very good deal though) and instead of just taking money that would have gone to Savings and paying for the groupon, I'm trying to shuffle things up and take a little bit from the grocery budget each week....which is causing more stress than if I had just use some money earmarked for savings. Oh well. Anyways here is what I got at Dominick's this week
Spent $22.77
Saved $30.33 Bought:
Broccoli
Sweet onions
Zucchini & Squash
3 lbs of Strawberries
2 Del Monte fruit cups
2 bottles of hot sauce (Tom was out of his favorite condiment)
Wheat bread
Hickory smoked ham (there was a $10 off coupon, so this was under $5)
2 bags of spinach
Daffodils (these make me happy)

Oddly enough we spent more at Aldi than we did at Dominick's. Perhaps it had something to do with the 4 gallons of milk???

No comments:

Post a Comment