Monday, November 1, 2010

We interrupt regularly scheduled Menu Plan Monday....

...to tell you that I am (apparently) a liar. Back in July I posted about Five Things We Don't Mind Going Without. Then, last Thursday night, on a COMPLETE IMPULSE, I broke down and purchased #4 on my list, a GPS. I was so proud of us for navigating around Chicago a couple of weekends ago with just a plain old map.

But the key word is "us." It would have been much more difficult had it been just one of us trying to find our way. And Chicago IS the 3rd largest city in the country! And I did just earn some extra money from completing the Virgin Healthymiles program through my work. Okay, I am completely rationalizing my purchase!

I think what surprises me more than anything is the complete spontaneity of it. Usually I research, and research, and research products and debate over whether or not we really need them and then spend days to weeks trying to find the best deal. Not Thursday night. The whole process took less than an hour. And I don't regret it one bit :)

*Regularly scheduled Menu Plan Monday may or may not return next week. It all depends on when our movers arrive with all of our belongings and if our internet is set up at the new place and if I'm organized enough to make a menu plan for our first week in our new apartment in a new city!

No comments:

Post a Comment